Why We Love Stone Resin Bathtubs in 2022?
Selecting a bathtub for your bathroom can be a difficult task. It is more difficult if you want to remodel your bathroom since it can have many moving parts, such as plumbing and flooring. When it comes to purchasing a freestanding bathtub, you must consider factors such as material, type, budget, size, and weight of the freestanding tub. One factor that many seem to overlook is the building material of the tub. This article will discuss the most durable freestanding tub, stone resin bathtubs, and why you should consider them as a material for your tub.
Feel free to jump to any sections to see more about stone resin bathtubs!
Stone Resin Bathtubs – What Are They?
Stone resin tubs are bathtubs made of man-made materials. These are material-engineered composite materials such as real stone, polymer resins, and natural minerals. This composite material happens when stones are crushed into fine crystals/powders and bound with resins and natural minerals. The resulting composite material is 100% non-porous, meaning it is unaffected by moisture. This result makes the composite material perfect for bathtubs.
Style in Stone Resin Bathtubs:
Most people prefer stone resin bathtubs because of their finish. Two main finishes for standard stone resin bathtubs are a subdued matte finish and a glossy look. Most people prefer subtle matte finishes because they are simple to maintain with minimal effort. People are always conscious about not ruining the shine, and for that, they make great efforts and may lose that rejuvenating experience that a hot bath in a freestanding bathtub can give.
As we are talking about the aesthetics of the freestanding bathtub, color is another important factor. While many customers may not care about the color of their bathtubs, some manufacturers can provide custom coloring for your bathtubs, especially stone resin bathtubs. You can customize your stone resin bathtubs by choosing from multiple colors.
For example, you can do one color for the surface of your stone-resin bathtub and one color for your bathtub drain. You can also choose the standard color palette, which is white throughout the tub's surface, along with the drain. Magnus home products do provide great customizing options for your freestanding bathtubs.
Even with all of these factors into consideration, many might not feel the need to buy a resin bathtub. However, despite their price, these tubs have many benefits for your health and comfort. The following benefits can help you to understand the importance of stone resin bathtubs:
Benefits of Stone Resin Bathtubs:
- Stone resin bathtubs are famous for their durability. Sandpaper can handle small to medium scratches (NOTE: Make sure you use correct grade sandpaper to reduce scratches on the tub's surface). This makes stone resin bathtubs perfect for everyday use
- Build-in overflow is one of the useful benefits of stone resin bathtubs. No plumbing is exposed in stone resin bathtubs which keeps the water in line clean and tidy and helps you to prevent water leakage.
- The next big advantage of using stone resin bathtubs is excellent heat retention. When it comes to excellent heat conductivity, copper is the king. Next to copper, stone resin is a great material for heat retention. With great heat retention, you can save energy and thus save money on electricity bills. Senior citizens can enjoy their baths for long periods of time without having to touch temperature regulators.
- With Magnus, you can get an optional air massage for a soothing and rejuvenating experience like a spa.
- In stone resin bathtubs, you can rest assured that the color won’t fade easily. Due to the presence of natural minerals and resins, you can expect the color to last longer and give you a nice and soft glow on the tub's surface.
- Another important advantage is easy maintenance. Copper is one of the most popular materials for bathtubs. However, copper is one of the most difficult materials to maintain due to various factors and steps you must consider. But with stone resin bathtubs, you can easily maintain them with simple steps and the things readily available in nearby stores. The resources, which are the time and money you invest in maintaining stone resin bathtubs, are comparatively less expensive than other materials.
- The last benefit is the availability of stone resin bathtubs in various styles and shapes. You can expect many configurations from a stone resin bathtub, making choosing among them easier.
How to Install a Stone Resin Bathtub?
You can install a stone resin bathtub with just six simple steps. The equipment that you need to install a stone resin bathtub are:
- Spirit level
- Markers to mark the measurement
- Drill to put holes (based on the surface of your bathroom)
- Lumber (to hold the bathtub from the floor of your bathroom)
- Silicone sealant
The following steps will help you to install a stone resin tub in your bathroom:
STEP 1– Determine the place where you want to install your bathtub and place the floor covering.
STEP 2– Mark all the placements with the help of a marker.
STEP 3– Place the lumber at the bath's end so you can easily place the tub on the other lumber. This way, you have enough headspace to work on the drain line under the tub.
STEP 4– Align the drain line on your bathroom floor to the drain hole inside the tub.
STEP 5– Now place the silicone sealant under the tub while it is still sitting on the lumber.
STEP 6– Once you connect all the waste lines with your tub, remove the lumber and place the bathtub on the silicone sealant.
STEP 7– Leave the bathtub unused for 48 hours to set in its position and ensure no moisture in the tub and surrounding it.
STEP 8– This step is the most important step. Fill the tub with lukewarm water and make sure that there is no leakage. From there, you can hop in and enjoy your bath.
Stone resin bathtubs are from material-engineered composite materials such as real stone, polymer resins, and natural minerals. The resulting composite material is 100% non-porous, meaning it is unaffected by moisture. This result makes the composite material perfect for bathtubs.
Stone resin and acrylic are both moisture-resistant, so both are nonporous. Stone resin is more durable in comparison to acrylic, but acrylic is also cheaper than stone resin. So in terms of longevity, stone resin is better than acrylic.
No, resins are highly resistant to stains and scratches. You can mitigate those scratches by using fine sandpaper of the appropriate grit.
Stone resin bathtubs are expensive when compared to other materials, but their longevity is much higher than the other materials. It is a great investment for your bathroom. Magnus home products have varieties of freestanding tubs along with stone resin bathtubs. Many people cannot afford to have a luxury trip to exotic places for a getaway; in those cases, you can install a stone resin bathtub in your own place and get a nice and relaxing bath at your own pace.